Buildings within today’s environment are fundamental to the way we live. Our homes determine how we work, cook and eat, socialize, interact and grow as a family. Architecture and Design is a means of shaping these processes and providing functional and aesthetic solutions that solve real life everyday problems.
The success of any infrastructure design depends as much on the skill, knowledge and experience of the architect as on innovation and the artist’s eye. Design capture every element of the architectural process and focus on producing innovative and affordable designs that work.
Our Design department provide architectural design-based services ranging through:
• Site feasibility studies
• Concept design appraisals
• Planning applications
• Detailed design
• Interior design
Our designs, are individually tailored to the site and brief, environmentally appropriate and sympathetic to their surroundings. Our overriding goal is to achieve inspired, cost effective architectural solutions to everyday problems, delivered on time and within budget.
Clients use our services in the knowledge that we put their interests first. We aim to exceed their expectations through a comprehensive understanding of the brief, full assessment of the opportunities presented by the site and the intelligent application of best practice
The skill, knowledge and experience of the architect is equally as important as innovation and the artist’s eye. Choosing the right designs for your buildings is probably the most important element of the project, whether it is for a residential, corporate or public sector property.
We try to capture every element of the architectural process and focus on producing innovative and affordable designs that work, giving you value for money both during the project and in the final usage of the building.
There are five general steps during the design phase:
Implementation of the Design Brief and preparation of additional data
• Preparation of Concept Design including outline proposals for structural and building services systems, outline specifications and preliminary cost plan in collaboration with our Contracts Managers
• Development of the concept design to include structural and building services systems, updated outline specifications and cost plan and the completion of the Project Brief
• Application for detailed planning permission(s)
• Preparation of technical design(s) and specifications, sufficient to co-ordinate components and elements of the project and information for statutory standards and construction safety